Happy Tint Care Sheet
Call Happy Tint Window Tinting 1800 427 798 for a FAST quote.
1. Caring For Your Windows Once Happy Tint Film Has Been Applied
Once window film has been applied it is very easy to look after.
You can clean your windows in the normal manner, but the following points should be observed:
- Do not clean the film for at least four weeks after installation.
- Use a spray, synthetic sponge or a moist cloth to apply the cleaning solution. We recommend a solution methylated spirits (20%) and water (80%). Do not use anything with ammonia as an ingredient.
- Warm water and a detergent, methylated spirits and water or a conventional solution may be used.
- Do not use any brushes or abrasives in the cleaning process as they will scratch the film.
- “Non- scratching” cleaners such as jiff or abrasives such as Ajax and Bon Ami must never be used.
- Dry the film with a good quality rubber squeegee, a chamois or a moist soft cloth.
2. After the Film Has Been Applied How Long Does it Take to Dry?
Like all products that use adhesive, the adhesive must cure to achieve a proper bond to the glass.
Once the adhesive has cured, your windows will look very much as though they have been factory tinted. You may see some changes in the appearance of the film while it is curing. Changes are normal at this time.
Although the film appears perfect at first, you may see it become hazy and milky, or develop an “orange peel” effect, or even large bubbles. This is quite normal and should not cause alarm.
After curing, these apparent imperfections will disappear.
Curing takes from 3 to 30 days, depending on the weather, humidity and the amount of sunlight falling on the glass. As you would expect, curing tends to be faster in summer and slower in winter.
Most important – do not touch the film until curing is complete.
Because Happy Tint only uses the highest quality of window film, all of our products are backed with a manufacturer’s warranty for product and service.
You can have peace of mind when you use Happy Tint.
HAPPY TINT... Window Tinting Melbourne... FREE Call 1800 427 798
PS If after normal business hours you can request a quote online.